Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Ballerina Project

As most of you know, I was a ballet dancer basically my whole life.  I started when I was 5 years old and continued dancing through college (where dance was my major).  See vintage ballerina Ashley pics below:



Anyway, I found this blog called The Ballerina Project and they have absolutely gorgeous dance photography!  I have always loved the combination of ballet and photography because some people are just so gifted, and when they hit a certain pose...it can honestly take your breath away.  Ballerina Project photographs their dancers in New York City and they sell their work online.  They have a fabulous facebook page with tons of images (click here to see their page).  I don't know much else about them?  Their work definitely speaks for itself...take a look!








Those are just a few...there are like hundreds of pictures, but for some reason I find their work very inspiring.  Since I am no longer dancing, these photos make me want to get my pointe shoes out and get it all back!  I'll never look as freakin' gorgeous as these professional dancers but one can dream... :)

What do you think of their images? Inspiring? Frustratingly beautiful? Boring?

4 comments:

Sundresses and Smiles said...

My favorite is the first picture of the dancer by the water! I just found your blog via Meg Moving and really like it! Please stop by mine!

Ashley said...

Thanks! I like your blog as well...I'm now following you! Love the headband post lol I remember that book!

Svenja said...

I also bumped into the ballerina project - and indeed, the pictures are stunning.

Regards,
Svenja

Emily said...

happened upon your blog today, and i love those dance pics! beautiful! i used to dance as well and seeing pictures like that brings it all back and makes me miss it so much!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates