Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday and I rang in my 24th year of life with.......well working.....and seeing the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie!  I've loved all of the movies in this series, and the new one (On Stranger Tides) was pretty good!  For me, it wasn't AS good as the others (I missed having Kiera Knightly and Orlando Bloom in it) but it was still a good, fun movie.  And Johnny Depp didn't disappoint, but no surprise there!

  Oh, hey there baby...

As I mentioned in my last post, Doc took his boards on Monday!  For those of you who aren't familiar, it was step 1 of the medical boards and a huge deal because it will basically help determine what specialty you end up going into based on how well you do.  Since Doc, for now, is thinking about going into Orthopedic Surgery he has to do really well since its uber competitive.  So, for the last 6 weeks he has been studying non-stop, but now since he took them on the earlier side, he has quite a few weeks of vacation!  Phew, so glad that's over with!  Not that I was the one who put in all the work BUT it sure is great to have my husband back!  Instead of coming home and finding him depressed and buried in a book, I find him smiling on the couch!  Its the little things right?

So since he took the boards Monday, we ended up going to dinner at The Melting Pot on Monday night to celebrate him being done and my birthday!  It was soooo good!  We love Melting Pot.  We have the cookbook and have been going there for special occasions since the beginning of our relationship.  Not so healthy, but oh so good!

2 comments:

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Sounds like fun and congrats to your hubby!

Ashley said...

Thanks! :)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates