Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Shell Mirror

I have been in love with shell mirrors ever since I saw one in a magazine a few years ago!  As some of you may not know, I am originally from Miami Florida so I love to decorate with "beachy" accessories!  Once I moved into my current apartment a couple years ago, I searched for a shell mirror to put above my fireplace but I soon realized they were mucho outa my budget.  But I still have my eye on them....one day.....

I came across this website called Bea's Tropical Designs, and this lady makes all kinds of shell decorated things--mostly mirrors though.  Here are my favorites:

Pearly Ocean Princess: $875

Heavenly Ocean Abalone: $2,229

Princess of the Sea: $889

Ocean Silver Lilies: $1,398

 My Pretty Seashell Horse & Silver Waves Dolphin: $169 & $229
I think these would be so cute in a nursery or child's room!


White Sea Large Seashell Planter: $489
Eight of these planters were made for HBO's vampire series True Blood, and now she's selling them to the public!  You can see a picture of them on set on her homepage.

Have any of you ever seen shell mirrors?  Which are your favorite?

2 comments:

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

Her mirrors are beautiful! I can def see one hanging in your house someday!

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Wowee, they are gorgeous! I love coastal inspired things! My two favorites are the Pearly Ocean Princess and The Princess of the Sea. Maybe you could make your own?

PS-I'm so glad my tips came at a good time!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates