Thursday, July 21, 2011

Boots No.7 Products

Hey there!  Happy Thursday everyone!  The weekend is almost here.... Ok, let's talk beauty today.

For years now, I have been using Boots skincare products and they're the best!  You may recognize the name because they are the CVS' of the UK!  Boots is the leading international pharmacy-led Health & Beauty retailer.  Their products became mucho popular about 4 years ago when their "Protect & Perfect" beauty serum for anti-aging became all the craze!  When it was brought out internationally, they decided to re-name it "Restore & Renew" because in market studies they found that people couldn't pronounce perfect and it was associated with medical rather than beauty....sooo they named it Restore & Renew.  The molecular makeup of the two products are almost the same but not quite due to the US FDA restrictions (or something, I'm not totally sure) but they're ALMOST the same thing, and Boots claims they give the same outcome.   


Here's a little about the products and why it was so popular:

The University of Manchester conducted independent research on No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum over a 12 month period, the most rigorous clinical trial carried out on a cosmetic anti-aging product. The research findings were recently published in the British Journal of Dermatology, stating that after using the No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum for a year, 70% of women and men had "significant" improvements to their wrinkles with faces ending up with fewer lines and shallower wrinkles. In fact, the longer No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum is used, the more effective it is.

Boots states that "the product has been independently proven to restore the skin’s structure, visibly improving deep lines and wrinkles by up to 50% with regular use. The first product proven to restore the skin's structure with prolonged use. So effective that other people can see a significant visible improvement in your deep lines and wrinkles......After 4 weeks, the appearance of lines and wrinkles is reduced by up to 50%.......After 6 months of use, the skin is shown to rebuild and over time elasticity is improved and deep wrinkles are visibly reduced."

They were even talking about "Restore & Renew" on the Today Show and Oprah...I'm talking big craze here people!  It was only being sold in Target at the time, so it would sell out of stores so fast!  They couldn't keep it on the shelves! 


Anyway, my Mom has tried just about every skincare product available and when the "Restore & Renew" serum became popular she of course had to try it!  She raved about it, but I didn't really think much of it because I've heard her rave before..........but I was wrong.  She had me try it and I was so impressed!  My skin felt sooo smooth and healthy!  And I know....I'm too young to have wrinkles so its not like the serum was eliminating anything on my skin, but I'd like to prevent it in the future.  Everyone talks about the wonders it does for your face!  I would put some on under my moisturizer at night and by morning my face just felt so great!  I have trouble with my pores and blackheads, but the "Restore & Renew" minimized them and totally smoothed them out.  The only downside is that the tubes are small, but I see that they sell it in the bigger containers and I think its the same product (not sure?) but I was going through them kinda fast before.  But they're sold at Target for a reasonable price (I think about $22), so it wasn't too bad.

So, about 2 years ago I stopped using the "Restore & Renew" serum just because I started supporting myself and I decided I didn't need the extra cost, and I also had trouble finding it in stores.  I recently wanted to start using it again (since I'm a whole 2 years older and wrinkles could be around the corner....lol) but I couldn't find it any Targets!  I searched and searched and wondered if they had gotten rid of it?!  Well, I've done a little research and it looks like they've gone back to their old name "Protect & Perfect", so I will be going out this week and buying this little baby again.  I hear they now sell Boots products at CVS as well.  I'm excited to see how much brighter my face will look and feel!  I urge you all to go out and try it if you haven't already.  It seriously is a miracle cream for anti-aging! Just google it and read all the reviews! :)

I also use their Advanced Hydration Day & Nighttime moisturizers.  LOVE them!  Just don't buy the Boots mascara....I once bought it and it was awful!!  Sooo clumpy!  

P.S. I am not being paid or bribed to endorse their products!  Purely my opinion! 

xoxo,

Ashley

2 comments:

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

I'm always looking for the next perfect face cream, so thanks for the heads up! Time to hit up a CVS on my way home!

The Wanna-be Southern Belle said...

As I soon enter my 30's I've been thinking more about my skin and what I need to do to keep it young looking. Thanks so much for this I'll for sure be trying it out!!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates