Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Here Comes the Bride: Flowers

I previously started a mini-series here called "Here Comes the Bride" for my bride-to-be readers, and I have a 2nd edition for you today!  In all honestly, after I wrote the first one, I was like uh oh...not sure I really have much else to talk about regarding tips/advice/experiences with my wedding BUT duh, I was wrong!  There's lots to talk about when it comes to weddings, so today's topic is the flowers!

I do not know much about flowers in general.  I know the obvious ones (roses, daisies, lilies, etc) but I really didn't focus too much on the flowers, because well, I just didn't know a lot about them.  I heavily relied on my florist to guide me, and he did!  I knew what colors I wanted, but he helped bring it all together.

My colors were orange, yellow, and pink but I wanted the pink to be a bit more on the coral side.  For my bouquet, I didn't want it to be all white.  I wanted it to be coraly-pink mixed with white and I LOVED lilies so my florist ended up giving me white lilies with pink roses and spray roses, as well as some white cymbidium orchids.  I have to say, initially when I saw my bouquet, I was a little upset.  The roses were more like blush or light pink and not a coral pink.  I know, I know...small little insignificant detail but when your a bride....everythingggg is a big deal!  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a bridezilla....but I was picky with the way I wanted things.  Anyway, on the day I told myself I wasn't going to get upset and in the end, I'm still very happy with my bouquet! 


We added the bouquet jewelery by Twinkle Twinkle.  Twinkle Twinkle is a store in Miami where the owner, Alicia, bedazzles everythinggggg!  I got my earrings and little tiara from her as well.  The whole store sparkles because that is what she specializes in! 

As far as my bridesmaids bouquets go, their dresses were orange with a yellow sash so the flowers were a bright bundle of orange and yellow roses!  The roses were actually orange-ish coral, and faded to yellow on the ends....I think it was called Brandy something roses?  Sooo beautiful!  I LOVED them! They looked so good with their dresses too!



It took me forever to decide on table arrangements!  I just didn't know what I wanted....I just knew when I saw it, I'd know.  And I did.  




We had 2 different types of table arrangements.  One had cymbidium orchids floating in water in the vases, and the other had a bulb of white hydrangeas with orange lilies and pink roses in it.   They were perfect for what I wanted!  We had a head table but I really didn't like the idea of all of us facing the room...just weird to me...so I had a rectangle shaped table instead and it was great!  Our flowers were a little different since we couldn't have such high arrangements.  Instead, they were just smaller versions.





We had shell accents also on the tables, as well as the tables during the cocktail hour--to give it that extra tropical feel!  Anyway, this concludes my 2nd edition of "Here Comes the Bride"!  Hope you enjoyed it! :)

6 comments:

Taylor said...

Oh! You can do tons of entries! Talk about registering, how to handle guest lists (who gets dates, who doesn't), how to pick your invites/save the dates, the list goes on and on...which is exactly why I could never be a wedding planner! LOL

♡ bAs said...

Gorgeous!! (: I love how your bouquet turned out. I don't want a white bouquet either. I don't want it to blend in with my dress. Very pretty centerpieces. I think your head table arrangements are lovely. It actually just gave me a great idea. I am going to make a note to blog about it! (:

{The Perfect Palette} said...

gorgeous color!!!

xo, chrissy from the perfect palette

Tamra of walkswithBella said...

Just discovered your blog and wow, what a gorgeous wedding you had!! Congratulations my dear!

Megan {Honey We're Home} said...

Love those sequins! A little bit of shine is always a good thing!

simplythankyou said...

This Blog is amazing!!
If these things are on your wedding the it makes Wonderful Wedding!!
Thanks for the Post!!Send Flowers To make Someone Smile :)
England Florists

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates