Sunday, July 31, 2011

Here Comes the Bride: Invitations

It's time for another edition of Here Comes the Bride!  Today's topic: the invitations!  

For me, I really had a hard time choosing my invitations.  I really didn't like the typical looking invitations you can find online.  I wanted something special.  Something unique.  This sets the tone for your wedding, so I really put a lot of thought into it.  I mean this is the first thing your guests will see before the big day and it essentially represents your wedding!  I searched high and low and somehow came across Dochelle Custom Creations in New York City.  I fell in lurve with all of their invitations!  They had the bling and the class, which was a done deal for me!  They only catch was that since they're custom made, they're a bit pricey.  Whoopsie!

Dochelle was kind enough to send me paper and color samples so after a few back and forths, I finally decided on what I wanted!  I went with gold card stock and ribbon, on cream paper.  The gold in real life is actually more of a champagne, rather than the yellowy color in the picture. 




What totally sold me on these invitations was the crystal broach and ribbons!  We carried this theme of the bow with the crystal in it through to the cake, but more on that another time!  I really loved that the gold card stock because it was shimmery!  The invitations came with gorgeous lined envelopes, as well as an RSVP card and a customized Accommodations card.  Here are pictures (sorry they're a little blurry):





I also decided to use a professional calligrapher to address all the invitations (which was also a little pricey but TOTALLY worth it in the end!) I would highly recommend using a calligrapher.....they just make the invitations look so beautiful!  I tried to learn how to do it myself (and I did it myself for the Save the Dates), but it definitely wasn't the same!  All I can say is, messy. LOL

Dochelle Custom Creations was great to work with!  I received my invitations on time, and before they were printed, they emailed me a ton of proofs to make sure all the wording was right!  In the end, I would spend the money all over again on these invitations because they perfect!  They were exactly what I was looking for and one of my favorite parts of the wedding!

My best advice is to not settle for an invitation design that you don't really LOVE!  This is the first thing your guests will see so make it shine!  Make sure it is consistent with your wedding theme and that it conveys the right feeling for your big day.  I didn't quite keep budget in mind with these, but I've found if you search hard enough...you can always find what your looking for in any budget range!

2 comments:

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

I just found your wedding invite the other day when I was unpacking! They were so pretty!

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

I couldn't agree more! I also did a post about my wedding invitations & how much I paid for them, and for me too it was so important to find a unique invitation that was still classic enough to look lovely for years to come.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates