Friday, July 8, 2011

Sequins!

It's of probably no shock to you that I lurve glitter and sequins mucho! I'm highly attracted to sparkly things!  Its a problem though......because if it were up to me, I'd be a walking disco ball everyday and that's just no good for everyone involved.  The thing about wearing glitter and sequins is that it has to be done the right way.  Here are some examples:

The Sequin Skirt: I'm loving this look right now!  I don't know who makes the one in the picture below but I know that Express, Victoria's Secret, and JCrew all have sequin skirts out right now.  This is a great look for going out to dinner or a dressier party.  You can dress down or up!  The key here is to have a more understated top.  Love the look the below!


The Sequin Dress: I have a Laundry by Shelli Segal sequin dress at home that I love!  I haven't had many occasions to wear it, but when I have, I've felt like a million bucks!  Kat Deeley from So You Think You Can Dance, wore a sequin dress on last night's episode that I really liked it. I can't find a picture of it though.  Here are a few favs of mine:



Here's a more casual take on the sequin dress beacause its paired with flat sandals:


The Sequin Shirt: This is a really great look paired with just about anything!  I have just a couple of tank tops that have sequins on the front, but none that really give that wow factor!  I need to get one ASAP.  Express has a great one out right now, with a see-through back.  See first pic below:




The Sequin Swimsuit: And I can't forget a sequin bikini!  No words are necessary.


There are so many other ways to wear sequins but I fear this post would end up being days long if I mentioned all of them!  And don't even get me started on the glittery/sequin shoes....!!!

P.S. I just have to show you this--while looking at sequin dresses, I came across this. WTF. Really?


What is your favorite way to wear sequins??

3 comments:

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

I have been eyeing the sequin skirt from JCrew as well as a sequin sweater that they have! I want them both!

From California With Love said...

I have a sequined dress by Free People that I love. My favorite outfit is the one in the first photo.

Follow my blog for your daily dose of California style :)

Have a great weekend!!

PeaceLoveApplesauce said...

I love, love sequins!! You can never have too much!!!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates