Tuesday, August 2, 2011

OOTD & What I'm Loving

Happy  Tuesday everyone!

I've got a bit of a random posting for you today.  First, I am going to try and do more OOTD posts BUT I don't have a full length mirror in my house (gasp! I know, I know....) so that makes it kinda hard.  I spend half my time standing on top of toilets or the side of my bathtub to get a full length look.  Hubby is also gone before I get dressed in the morning and not back until after I'm home from work sooooo that leaves my workplace bathroom mirror! And that also seems to not be great....looks like I need to just buy a full length mirror for my house, don't I?

Anyway, I tried to take a few pics this morning--they're not great but I will work on it!


Dress: Laundry by Design
Earrings: No idea...some cheap place though.
Bracelet: F21


I've gone back to my ballerina days and decided to do a high bun for work today (mainly because I did not feel like blow drying my hair last night, and sleeping on wet hair = ugly hair for Ashley). 

Ok, moving on to a few things I'm loving right now!

1. Toms Petal Grosgrain Classic Shoe


Don't these look like pointe shoes? I think they're so cute, but I read online that these get dirty easily.  I don't own a pair of Toms shoes yet...I hear great things though!  Does anyone have them?  What do you think?  

2.  Maxi Dresses & Skirts



I am still head over heels for the maxi look! I absolutely love Olivia Palmero's floral maxi skirt paired with the leather jacket, as well as the Express maxi dress above!  I actually just tried this dress on the other day BUT it just didn't fit right :( The X-Small was too small and the Small was too big.  Disappointing but I still love the dress (P.S. its much cuter in person!).

3.  Ankle Booties for Fall/Winter


Take a look at these babies?!? They are by Alexander McQueen and oh so shockingly pink!  LOVE.

In all seriousness, I really wanted a pair of ankle booties last Winter but never quite found a pair that I liked, so I'm hoping to find a pair this Fall!  Maybe this pair by Steve Madden?



4.  Last but not least: Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Rare


I bought this nail polish about a month ago from Sephora, and I ADORE it!  It is sooooo bright and in your face!  The only thing is that I am horrible at painting my own nails, so it did not look so cute up close.  I am going to paint my toe nails with it tonight so I'm hoping it will turn out better.  Its really bold for your nails, but I think its a great color for your toe nails.  I will show you pictures later!

Hope you all have a great rest of the day!

3 comments:

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

What a cute dress!

I love the high bun - I took ballet until 11th grade and still love to reminisce with a bun now and then :)

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

Cute dress ash! Perfect ballerina bun! Love the toms!

mMe said...

Those hot pink boots look like something elle from legally blonde would wear, i like them!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates