Monday, September 26, 2011

Apple Picking!

Hello there! 

I wanted to give you a quick weekend recap because I did something very new and exciting......APPLE PICKING!  This weekend was great because Doc didn't have to work at all, so we had the whole weekend to ourselves!  We slept in on Saturday (We slept for 12 hours! Told ya I like to sleep...) and then we went apple picking!

Doc and I have both never been apple picking and I've always wanted to go, so this was the perfect weekend to do it!  We went to Lynd's Fruit Farm out in Pataskala, Ohio and it was very busy.  They had Golden Delicious, Jonathan, and Jonagold apples for us to pick so we got a big bag of them (and you pay per bag so you can fit as many apples into the bag as you want), so we came home with......30 apples!  I don't know what I'm gonna do with all of them! Probably bake my little heart out...

Anyway, we also went to their little market and bought apple butter, cinnamon and pear jam, and a dutch peach pie! Here are a few pics of us:




The rest of the weekend was spent catching up on TV shows and watching movies! And can't forget football Sunday...Doc is a big Green Bay Packer fan so he had one of his friends over for dinner and to watch the game who is also a Packer fan so I had both of them yelling in my ears all night!  At least it was a good outcome because that meant I didn't have a depressed and angry husband the rest of the day/week...

How were your weekends? Have any of you ever been apple picking?

3 comments:

Ashley M. said...

There's an apple orchard near where I live that I really want to go to! I'm glad y'all had so much fun! Hopefully I'll get to go soon and share pictures!

everydayaem.blogspot.com

Ashley

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

I love apple picking! My mom and I went to an apple orchard sunday! Love the picture of doc with the apple bag!

Bud and Leo said...

No apple picking for me, but it sounds like fun! We were right there with you guys with watching football!

Kelli

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates