Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Emmys Worst Dressed

Good morning lovelies!

Whoops, sorry....I promised you this Emmys Worst Dressed post for yesterday but the day totally got away form me! My apologies....I know you're all heart broken. Important stuff here....

Anyway, on with it! Here are my worst dressed ladies from the night:

First up, Ms. Gwyneth Paltrow in a midriff baring Pucci dress. This dress really wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for that awkward and ugly midriff! It makes her look like she has a role of fat, and we all know shes far from that...so yea, just not flattering.


Here we have Julianna Margulies from The Good Wife in a white Armani Prive gown.  I was just not a fan of the overall fit of this gown and those dots on the bodice looked more like pimples to me. 


Next, we have Taraji P. Henson in a Blumarine gown. This dress just has multiple problems, but the biggest being it does nothing for her! It is completely shapeless and has a very unflattering neckline. 


Oy vey, where to begin with this next one.  Paz de La Huerta (from Boardwalk Empire) showed up looking like she just came off the set of a zombie movie.  She wore a pretty pale pink gown with a high side slit (I can't find the designer of the dress anywhere), so the dress itself wasn't bad....it was that make-up and hair!  Besides the gallons of fake tanner she poured on herself, her lipstick was a dark grey/blue-ish color and her hair was bed head to the extreme! She just looked wacked out!


Next, we have Amy Poehler in a Peter Som glittery blue gown that was wayyyy too tight on her!  I would by no means categorize Amy as "heavy", but this dress sure makes her look like she is! I know she just had a baby, so naturally she still has some of the baby weight on her but why then, would you choose THIS dress??  Throughout the whole night, I kept yelling at the TV (or really at Amy) for this terrible dress choice! Those sleeves are about the worst thing you can do for your arms and the dress is soo tight around her tummy...it makes her look like she's still preggo! Awful!


Last but not least, we have Katie Holmes in this little Calvin Klein number.  Ok, its not an ugly dress but would you really where this on the red carpet?  I would wear that to dinner with my hubby...or maybe to a baby shower! But the RED CARPET? It was just too casual and.....blah.


Do you agree with these Worst Dressed ladies?  Do you have any others to add because I'm sure I've missed a few!

4 comments:

Jess said...

I agree with you completely! I actually missed the Emmys so I love that you did a recap on the fashion!

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

I totally agree with you! I am glad you are posting this. Sometimes I wonder what goes through celebrities minds when they decide to wear some of the dresses they do!

Ashley said...

yikes... these really ARE terrible... what were some of them thinking??

Grace - Stripes and Sequins said...

I have to agree with you. I really wanted to love what Gwyneth was wearing as she always looks so great - but I just didn't. If she could have just covered up her mid-section..

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates