Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fashion Week Favorites!

Today is the final day of NYC Fashion Week, and what a week its been!  Almost 100 designers have been showing collections for Spring/Summer 2012 to retail buyers, media, and celebrities.

So what trends are we seeing for Spring and Summer?  Looks like color is here to stay...and lots of it!  Really bright, energetic colors were seen all over the runways, with yellow emerging as a favorite!  The other big trend is what they're calling "Urban Sport" or "Athletic Chic".  Designers are using light fabrics such as mesh, neoprene, and parachute and creating designs that can be worn on the street, as well as in the office.  So to sum it up, they're actually creating REAL, WORKABLE pieces. Hooray!

Christian Siriano stuck out as a favorite of mine!




I'm also loving Nicole Miller's Collection:


And loving Monique Lhuillier!



What were your NYC Fashion Week favorites?

2 comments:

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

I am loving the bright colors! I just wish I would step out of the boring neutrals and start wearing bright colors!

The Wanna-be Southern Belle said...

mmmmm love me some Nicole Miller. I haven't kept up with Fashion week at all so thanks for looping me in! :)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates