Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My New Schedule

Good morning and Happy Hump Day everyone!


So I'm pretty proud of myself.....I decided to kind of turn my schedule around and start working out in the morning before work, rather than at 5:00 PM when I get home from work!  This is big for me because I am not a morning person.  My whole life, I have always slept in until the very last possible minute...I just love my sleep!  I even always shower at night so that I don't have to take the extra time in the morning to do it, BUT this may be the end of that (we'll see how long this lasts..) 

Part of the reason I have decided to change my schedule around is because my husband is getting up at 5:00 AM to go into the hospital so he gets tired early at night.  I started going to bed at the same time as him but not getting up until around 6:45 AM so I was getting lots of sleep........and progressively becoming less and less tired when he'd want to go to bed.  This was becoming a problem so, why not just get up an hour earlier and that way I'll be tired around the same time as him?


So that's what I've done...I did it yesterday and it seemed to work out well!  I had energy for the day and the best part was, my work out was out of the way!  I used to always find myself dreading coming home and working out.  I'd sit at my desk and convince myself that I was excited to do it and that I was going to do it.  I'd only end up working out for like 20 minutes and then I was off to cook or something.  OR I wouldn't work out at all because I was so hungry for dinner and still needed to cook it, that I just said screw it and cooked instead.  I found I was always making the decision of cook or work out, which was just leading to me only working about twice a week for like 20 minutes at a time. No bueno.  So, this way I don't have to do that anymore! 

I know a lot of people work out on their lunch breaks, but that wasn't really an option for me.  I'd have to join a gym near my office then, and I don't need to do that since there is a gym in my apartment complex (a nice one at that....that's free).  I also find that I really enjoy going home on my lunch break and just sitting down in front of the TV and eating my lunch.  I need this break in my day (and I wouldn't have enough time to go home AND workout). 


So we'll see how long this lasts....I'm hoping I won't get lazy about it.  I didn't work out this morning, but that's because I don't want to burn myself out.  I don't normally work out everyday, so I'd rather build up to that and not burn out.  I also have physical therapy after work today (I've been having problems with my knee so this will be my first appointment) so I figured I'd go easy on my body today.  I've just been feeling like I'm getting out of shape, so I'm buckling down BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS because I know it will only get harder and harder to stay motivated and eat well with Fall and Winter coming up. 

Do you girls work out in the mornings as well?  Did any of you find it hard to stay motivated and work out at the end of the day?

3 comments:

French Lover said...

Bonjour! Just discovered your blog & I'm glad I did :))
I can't wait to read more!
Bisous!

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

I aam definitely a morning workout person! I love getting it done and out of the way, plus I feel full of energy when I finished a early workout! I love my 5:30 AM power workouts!

Jess said...

I love working out in the ams. I'm the queen of excuses, so if I wait until after work I know that I will probably come up with a reason it shouldn't be done.

Good for you for trying it out and sticking with it!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates