Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin, Yoga, and Ruthie Davis Shoes

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Here is the picture I promised you all of the pumpkin Doc and I carved the other night:


We wanted to make it goofy looking...so this is what we ended up with! I did the drawing and Doc did the carving....I have to say, I need to buy one of those pumpkin carving tool sets next time. It was so hard to work with our standard kitchen knives!  

Anyway, moving on to more exciting things....this is what I looked like yesterday in yoga:


 Ok....not really.  Not even close.  But you just wait and see.... :)

So, while I was catching up on the bazillion TV shows I was behind on...I was watching the first episode of Mad Fashion with Chris March (from Project Runway) and he designs reallyyyyy out there outfits for celebrities.  So, his first customer on the show was Ruthie Davis.  I had never heard of her before but she's a shoe designer and her shoes are actually really cool!  

*Side note: I'd like to discuss her shoes here, but I have to at least address the fact that the outfit he designed for her was completely horrific and crap-tastic!  I didn't mind the whole "shoe cage"....but that hair was the worst part of it!  Who wants to show up for the launch party of their company looking like this!?


 So awful.....anyway....back to her shoes!  It seems here in the US, they are only sold in California but I'm sure she'll be selling everywhere soon enough!  They are also sold online through a couple of different websites.  Many celebrities have been photographed in her shoes, so of course that makes them totally awesome! (I'm hoping you sense my sarcasm!) 

Aren't they really cute?







The only thing that confuses me a bit is how she is able to put red soles on the bottom of some of her shoes? I thought that was exclusive to Christian Louboutin?  Maybe she just uses hot pink and every other color except for red?  Either way, I love how she plays with color...especially on the sole where so many other shoes companies don't even go there. 

What do you think of her shoes?  Does anyone own a pair?

2 comments:

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

I really like the black patten leather pumps with the purple, gold and teal accents! Super cute! I think I NEED to go shoe shopping now!

Lara {simply irresistible} said...

i dont own a pair but these are awesome! loving the black pair with the purple sole.. the most "tame" looking!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates