Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sprinkles Cupcakes!

Good morning everyone!

I hope your weekends were filled with lots of relaxing and fun!  I didn't have a 3 day weekend (bummer...) but it was still a nice, long, relaxing weekend!  Well,  I guess long is the wrong word.....weekends are ALWAYS too short! But you get the point.

Last night I made this for dinner:


Its Asian Bow-tie Pasta and it was sooo good!  I got the recipe from Pinterest, but it came from Week of Menus.  Definitely a keeper dish!  Also, it calls for rotisserie chicken so it was super easy to just pick up a chicken from the grocery store and then just cut it up and throw it in!  It can be eaten cold or hot too.

While we're talking about food, I have to mention these yummy treats I made on Sunday.  Let me back up for a sec though.....are you familiar with Sprinkles Cupcakes?  For those of you who aren't, its a cupcake bakery that started in Beverly Hills and became immensely popular because all the celebrities would go there.  Since then, they've opened up like 10 other locations around the U.S. and there is one in Chicago so while I was there last year for New Years, I tried them for the first time.  And they were amazing! 

Well, fast forward to now....I was at the mall on Saturday and I wandered into William Sonoma (you know, to pretend like I was browsing when I really just wanted to see what treats they were sampling. I know you've done it too....) And what do ya know, in the baked good section...they had cupcake mix from Sprinkles!! 


They had their signature Red Velvet, as well as, Chocolate, Vanilla, and Pumpkin Spice. It was a hard decision  between the Red Velvet and Pumpkin Spice...but the Red Velvet won so I got to work on those on Sunday and they definitely did not disappoint!  The Sprinkles mix gives you the recipe to make their cream cheese frosting and also tells you their "technique" for frosting it.  I can't say I succeeded at that--I just kinda swirled it on and hoped I covered the top of the cupcake.  Either way, they tasted amaze-balls!  They even give you those little signature polka-dots they put on the tops of the cupcakes! 

Even my hubby liked them and he doesn't like cake (I know...what's wrong with him?).  I definitely hemmed and hawed, though, over the price for like 5 minutes in the store....the mix was $14.95!  I was like ok, this is probably a lot of money for cupcake mix BUTTTTT WHATEVER! I want them. Now. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of them...they weren't very pretty anyway!  So instead, I'll give you the professional Sprinkles cupcake pics!







Anddddd, of course, my fav celeb couple likes Sprinkles! (Although I think Guiliana could eat a few more cupcakes...)


Now I definitely want to try the other flavors Sprinkles offers!  I think they have quite a few more flavors than the few I saw, so time to hunt them down!  Even though its a bit expensive for cupcake mix, its totally worth it!  I highly recommend you pick some up! :)

P.S. Don't forget to enter into my giveaway if you haven't done so yet!!  It closes at 8:00 AM EST on Thursday! Good luck! 

8 comments:

Michelle P said...

The dinner and cupcakes look great!

Dayna Leigh said...

This post has officially made me hungry!! The pasta looks A-MAZING and those cupcakes look even tastier!

Meg {henninglove} said...

that dinner looks amazing, will you share the recipe?? and sprinkles cupcakes are great, i saw the mix in williams sonoma over the weekend and was tempted to buy it! but i resisted, bad idea!

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

Dinner looks great ash! I love Sprinkles cupcakes! Amanda sent me the pumpkin spice cupcake mix for my birthday! I need to make them ASAP!

Fash Boulevard said...

that dinner looks so yummy. I love sprinkles. I actually bought this same mix for my family back home so they could experience it to. they're of course obsessed now. thanks for sharing love. If you get a second I'd love to hear what you think of my latest ring obsessed post. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Mary and Dyer said...

That dinner looks great & so do the cupcakes!!! I LOVE Guiliana & Bill. They are so precious! xox

I just became your newest follower! I would love for you to visit my blog & follow back if you’d like.

Also, check out my giveaway for a Missoni for Target hat!

Blessings,
Kat
http://www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

goodbadnfab said...

I heart your blog! I'm now subscribing to your blog on my google reader!

Please check out my blog when you get a chance.
http://www.goodbadandfab.com
the personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane

Anna (A Newfound Treasure) said...

Dinner looked amazing!!! Share the recipe please!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates