Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Girl's Weekend in Louisville!

Happy Tuesday!

Sorry, I had a busy day yesterday so I wasn't able to update you all on my weekend in Louisville with 4 of my besties from college! 

We had a blast!  It's always good catching up with old friends and reminiscing about the good ole' days!  I drove into Louisville on Friday night (and it took me like year to get there because of stupid road work and traffic....ugh nothing is more frustrating than that!) so I got there pretty late, but we still all stayed up and hung out while finishing off a couple of bottles some wine!

On Saturday, we went to Churchill Downs!  That was a lot of fun...I've never been to a horse race before and it was a lot of fun watching them race!  I didn't bet on any of them (I have terrible luck with that stuff...) BUT I did find a hat in the gift shop that I wish I bought!!!  I didn't have my camera with me but a few of my friends have shared their iPhone pics.  Here is all of us trying on the hats in the gift shop:


You can't really see mine but it was a headband....ugh LOVED IT!  I couldn't justify spending $115 on it though.........if I knew I could wear it again I totally would have though!

Here are some pics of Churchill Downs:




Then on Saturday night, we all went out for sushi (which is kinda a tradition with us since college) and it was great!  The lights went out though for like a good minute while we were in the middle of dinner!  I think it was because they were doing some construction outside, but it was really funny sitting there in the dark.  At least we already had our food by then!

We opted not to go out to 4th Street after dinner because we all were soo full and because we're old people now....sitting at home in front of the TV is way more exciting then being in a bar....yes, we are officially old people.  But seriously, it was a lot of fun sitting around in our pjs, eating candy, and watching a movie (which by the way was Water for Elephants and it was sooo good!!) I was so excited to finally see the movie since I read the book, and the story was close...the book is still better but what's new?

So that's pretty much it...on Sunday we woke up and headed back to Columbus.  Pretty great weekend!  How were all of your weekends?  Do anything fun?

Now I'm already brainstorming some hat posts since I've been re-inspired by them.....look back at my Royal Wedding posts at the beginning of this blog....I was quite obsessed! :)

5 comments:

Michelle P said...

Sounds like fun!

Jess said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! We just entertained family and went to a football game over here.

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

So glad I got to see you this weekend! I really think you need a hat now! Tell doc you need one for Christmas!

Meg {henninglove} said...

those hats are so awesome!! i wish we were more of a hat society seriously the royal wedding made me wish that!

Fash Boulevard said...

sounds amazing. i've never been either, but dying to go. you look fabulous. thanks for sharing. I've got a new post all about pushing your style to the edge. Love to hear what you think. Thanks, love. xo

http://fashboulevard.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates