Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cold Weather Woes

Ok, this cold weather thing....its not workin' for me! 


I feel soooooo dry!  No matter how much lotion I slather on....my skin just doesn't feel right.  Especially my hands....I have to put lotion on my hands every. single. time. I wash them {...and TMI but that happens a lot, because apparently I pee like a pregnant woman....and I'm not. I swear.}

And the worst of it all......my hair has non-stop static! Ahh....I think that's the most annoying thing ever! I found that spraying Static Guard on my hair brush will get it to go away, but that's turned into a daily thing.  That shouldn't be normal, right? 


Now, I know you're not supposed to wash your hair everyday, but I do.  I can't help it.  My hair feels so greasy if I don't!  I've purchased dry shampoo and now and then, I will skip a day of washing and use that, but it really doesn't make my hair feel normal.  Also, I work out most every morning, and there really is NO saving my hair then....I'm usually a sweaty mess!   

So, taking all of that into consideration...what can I do to put moisture back into my hair??  I did buy this hair treatment by Organix:


I've only used it once though....maybe using this more will help keep the static away?  I should probably use it once a week.  It smells wonderful, btw!!

It may also be my hair dryer since I have an ancient, Conair one.....can hair dryers cause static?  I probably need one of those HANAair Professional Dryers like April just posted about!  And on that note, she does talk about a leave in conditioner.....maybe that will help me??  The only thing is that I have thin, fine hair so it doesn't take much to weigh it down...

Ugh....HELP! :)  Do any of you have great, miracle moisturizing hair products for me??

9 comments:

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

I had to switch up my shampoo once the cold weather hit! I am using a Paul Mitchell moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and it helped a lot with the static! I have been slathering on lotion all day, I have gone through so much. Although Minnesota seems ridiculously warm right now... its usually not 37-40 degrees this time of year!

Hope your week is going well Ash!

Michelle P said...

I hate cold weather!

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

Yes, that hair dryer is the bomb. Seriously. And I do love my leave-in conditioner. I definitely can't put in too much or my hair just feels limp and heavy. I, too, have thin and fine hair, so I know your static woes!

Amanda said...

I always have the same problems! What really works for me with dry skin is exfoliation and body butter. My favorite is the cocoa butter body scrub and Shea body butter from The Body Shop. I'd use the scrub a couple times a week to help get rid of flaky dry skin and help the lotion soak in better. Also, for hair I really like Neutrogena's triple moisture hair mask. Hope that helps!

Manda said...

Cold weather does not suit me either! I hate having such dry skin. I use Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi Keratin Intensive Treatment--It has really helped my hair : ) I'm a new follower and am loving your blog. Great post!

Manda said...

I guess I should have mentioned that I use the keratin treatment for my hair, NOT my dry skin : ) Is it Friday yet?!

Fash Boulevard said...

I hope it works. Using it a few times is always a must. static and dry skin, ugh, isn't winter the worst. lol. great post. thanks for sharing, hun. love to hear what you think of my latest. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

Let us know if it works. I've been looking for a good hair treatment this winter. It hasn't been AS cold here as it usually is, but it's still winter. EVERY winter I suffer from dry skin. Let me know if you figure that one out!! Cute blog, I'm a new follower!

Nat said...

Just found your blog and I love it! This is kind of random but I heard awhile ago that wearing rubber soled shoes while you blow dry your hair helps reduce static build up, so I make sure to always wear my slippers that have a bit of a rubber bottom on them and it totally helps, I rarely have staticy hair anymore

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates