Friday, December 16, 2011

Forks Over Knives

TGIF!

I can't believe how close we are to Christmas already!?  I know next week is going to drag, up until about Thursday, when we have our company Holiday party!  I'm the one organizing it and we have tons of gifts we're giving away including iPads (!!!) and iPods!  I neeeeeeed to win one! {need not want, capeesh?}

Anyway, we also have our cookie exchange in my office next week and I gotta make 10 dozen! I'll be baking all night on Wednesday, I know it.  I'm thinking of doing these Red Velvet cookies....what do you think?

Via

On a different note, I just watched the documentary Forks Over Knives the other night.  Have any of you seen it?  If not, I definitely recommend you do....its about vegan eating and just to clarify, I'm not a vegan (you probably already know that by the recipe mentioned above though...haha).  I tend to eat on the vegetarian side and I can see myself becoming a vegetarian (for my own personal reasons) BUT I'm not a vegan, nor have I really ever considered it until I saw this movie. 


 Forks Over Knives really focuses on the health benefits to eating no animal products.  Its definitely a very medical movie.....it follows 2 doctors around and in their research, they found that by eating a plant based diet, your risk of getting cancer and heart related issues was significantly reduced.

When I told my doctor-to-be husband about the movie, he was skeptical.  I told him he has to watch it with me and then he'll be more of a believer. I mean these are 2 MDs...not 2 hippies running around preaching their ways! Lol He said he'll believe it when he actually sees the research.......so whatever, I'll get him to watch the movie this weekend and we'll see what he thinks! 


I think it'd be really difficult to eat totally vegan.  I mean I love cheese and yogurt! And ice cream! So I really don't think I could ever become a strict vegan BUT I could see myself eating close to it most of the time.  I told my husband, if there is any chance that it could improve your health, why not? You have nothing to loose {of which is replied,  yes I do...meat.} Haha!

Anyway, I highly recommend you watch the movie just to at least educate yourself on the "possible" benefits of eating a plant based diet.  For those of you who have instant streaming on Netflix....it's on there right now! 

Doing anything fun this weekend?

4 comments:

Style, She Wrote said...

Red velvet is my favorite cake so those cookies sound fantastic to me! My weekend plans include a Christmas party with friends! Very excited. Happy Holidays! xo style, she wrote

Beth Dunn said...

I would love to eat like that
xoxo
SC

Tamara Nicole said...

Ummm yum the cookies look delicious:-)

http://stylesoftamaranicole.blogspot.com

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

I am not sure I could go completely vegan. However I do tend to eat a diet closer to that of a vegetarian. I hope you had a great weekend!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates