Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday's Five Things

Happy Friday! Was it just me or did this week seem extra long?

1. So I never told you that Doc is actually living in Dayton at the moment.......he is doing his Family Medicine rotation there for 1 month!  At OSU, they make the med students do 1 rotation outside of Columbus and since his family lives in Dayton, he went there.  So yea.........I am living the single life at the moment!  Just kidding....but it sure feels like it!  I cook for 1....I entertain myself....I go to bed when I want....its strange! Haha so my #1 Friday Fav today is getting to see my husband this weekend! {pathetic? yea..probs}


2.  I decided to treat myself and started my morning with a Brueggers Bagel today!  Mmmmm they are my favorite bagels ever!  Has anyone ever had one?  If you have one where you live...I highly suggest trying them!  The bagels are so chewy and flavorful....plus they have lots of different cream cheese flavors!


3.  I finally bought a sewing machine!  As discussed before...I decided to buy the Brother CS6000i and it came in the mail super fast!  I bought it on Friday and it arrived on Tuesday (from amazon.com with free shipping nonetheless)....I have not used it yet but I can't wait to!  I need to make a trip to Joann's to buy tons of stuff (i.e. thread, sissors, pins, etc.) but I've already read through the user manual so I'm on my way, right?


4.  I've been slacking a little recently with my morning workouts so yesterday I tried to step it up and really get a good workout!  Well....I can't really move today!  I did this Jillian Michael's DVD, 6 Week Six-Pack, and seriously, whenever I do one of her workouts, I am sooooo sore!  I can't even finish some of her workouts because halfway through I wanna die. Today, my back is the most sore...every time I lift my arms I feel like I fell from a 20 story building.... That being said, I highly recommend her DVDs but get ready to get your butt kicked!

 
5.  We always do a cookie exchange at work right before Christmas and I'm trying to decide on what cookie to make!  There are like 8 of us participating sooo that means 8 dozen cookies, so its gotta be something fairly easy.  I learned my lesson the hard way the first year I participated...........I made black & white cookies and they took me FOREVER!  I was up until like 2 AM the night before and they looked like shit....seriously, ugliest cookies ever!  I also had never particpated in a cookie exchange before so I had no idea I had to make a dozen for each person....I thought I had to make enough so that each person can have a cookie. Nope....everyone laughed at me like 2 days before the exchange when I realized I had to make a dozen per person.  Anyway, I'm thinking of making these Heath Bar cookies from Baked Bree.  I loveeeee toffee!  What do you think?  Any suggestions or cookie recipes you can give me?? :)


Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Michelle P said...

Aww I'm happy that you get to see him!

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

Im glad you get to see him this weekend! We have Brueggers up here in Minnesota and they are way better then panera bagels!

Have fun this weekend!

Whitney said...

Aw, my bf works on planes and is always in and out of town at any given moment. Makes you appreciate them more when they are here is what I say! :)

Fash Boulevard said...

hey beautiful. hope you're doing well. i need a new post, lol. i've read this twice already. haha. if you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my latest trend report and enter my giveaway. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates