Friday, January 20, 2012

An Exciting Trip!!

Happy Friday everyone!

I'm VERY excited because I just booked a trip to LONDON this week!  Well, the trip isn't this week....its in March but the plans just all came together this week! 


I've been to London twice before--the first time when I was 12 and again when I was like 16 or 17?  I absolutely LOVE London and when my parents decided they were going to go, I decided now is a better time than ever to tag along! 


The tickets are actually pretty reasonable for March....it will still be cold I believe, so its not a super popular time to go. When we've been there in the past, we always got tickets to see The Royal Ballet perform, so when we were making our plans this time, we definitely made sure we went during a week they were performing.  And we were in luck!  They are doing Romeo & Juliet, which is an absolutely beautiful ballet!  We also are going to see Les Miserable, which is a favorite of my Dad's!  So, plans are coming together.....high tea at Browns Hotel, shopping at Harrods, making out with Prince Harry.....what? :)


Ok, he's really not that hot....its just the whole prince thing. And I could never tear apart the fab Will & Kate....


Maybe I'll run into them!? Yea... and they'll totally want to hang out with me and we'll become besties? Yup.

Anywho......for my bloggie readers who have been to London.....any hotel suggestions?  We can't remember the places we stayed the last times we were there and its always better to get a recommendation!

Thanks!!

12 comments:

Amanda said...

That's so exciting! I've only been through heathrow airport so I don't have a hotel recommendation, sorry!!

Sundresses and Smiles said...

SO JEALOUS!! I've never been to London but it's on my "list"!

SEW said...

We went on our honeymoon to London. 12 amazing days! We stayed at the Intercontinental Park Lane and it was great! Wonderful service and the breakfast is delicious! I highly recommend it! You can walk everywhere!

Christina {Carolina Charm} said...

HOW EXCITING!!!!!!! jealous!!!!

Ashlee @ They Lived Happily Ever After... said...

I have been to London twice, as well! It's like a fairytale city!!! I'm so jealous.

Michelle P said...

I'm soooo jealous. Have fun!

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

This is so exciting! Can I tag along?

crushmonkey said...

Just found your blog today!

Love London!

Over several years have stayed at The Churchill Hyatt behind Oxford Street and The Cumberland near Marble Arch at the end of Oxford Street. Would return to either of these properties in a second!

Have fun!

Meg {henninglove} said...

lucky you!! wow what a great trip that will be. i am hoping to go to london in july actually for a high school friend's wedding. if i do i will be contacting you for sure for traveling tips in london.

Gameday Stylist said...

So jealous - I Love London!!
- Sara @ Gameday Stylist

Jess said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have fairly good weather when you come over. I've never actually seen the Royal Ballet myself or, indeed, Les Miserables. I was supposed to see it years and years ago with some friends but we never actually got round to it. Still, I can't imagine Les Miserables coming to the end of its run any time soon, so there's still time.

Depending on how long you're coming for, it might be worth your while looking into London serviced apartments (I've used this agency myself a few times), it can sometimes work out a bit less expensive. Other than that, the best I can advise you to do is to decide how much you're willing to spend on a hotel and what you'd expect to be included in that price, and then check TripAdvisor. I've found that the reviews on there tend to be accurate.

Moon said...

I absolutely love London!!!! No recommendation on a hotel, we book something different every time and it never really matters. It's London!!!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates