Friday, January 6, 2012

New Recipes!

Happy Friday girlies!

So I realized something this week......I apparently only ever write posts on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays!  Isn't that weird?  I don't know what's wrong with me....I must only get inspired on those days...

New goal: Start writing posts on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. :)

This week, I made 2 new recipes that were vegetarian and vegan.....and Doc liked them! Ha....told him vegan food is not just boring veggies....

Anyway, the first recipe I made were these Quinoa Veggie Meatballs from The Small Boston Kitchen blog.  I loved them!  They were really tasty and just something different for once.  In the recipe, she shows them on bread as a "meatball sub" but I did not serve them that way.  We just ate them with a little tomato sauce on top with veggies on the side.  This was not a vegan recipe but it can be if you sub out the egg for "flax egg", which is ground flax seed mixed with water (it turns into the same consistency as raw egg).


The second recipe I made was this Ultimate Vegan Lentil Walnut Loaf from Oh She Glows blog.  This was a really good recipe!  I followed it exactly and I think it came out great.  Doc really liked it too!  It has apples and raisins in it so you get a sweet taste to it, but there are also great herbs and onions in it.  The lentils give you a lot of protein to keep you full and the ground flax seed adds a lot of fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids. You must try this!


Hilliary, over at Happily Ever Healthy, just posted about cooking her way through her recipe board on Pinterest.  I just went though mine and out of 167 pins, I've made 15 of them.  Not too bad....still got a lot more to do though!  I'd like to make these this weekend:

Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes from Picky Cook


Are any of you doing well on cooking the recipes you pin on Pinterest?

This weekend, I am looking forward to relaxing at home!  With the craziness of the holidays, I feel like I haven't been home on a weekend in forever!  No big plans though....just hanging out and catching up on sleep. 

Hope you have a great Friday and great weekend!

3 comments:

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

I repinned those quinoa veggie meatballs from your board, I am going to have to try them now!! Oh those pancakes look delicious too! This is my problem everything always looks so good!

Thanks for the shout out Ash! I hope you and Doc have a wonderful weekend!

Christina {Carolina Charm} said...

I will absolutely be making those pancakes this weekend. they look amazing!!!!

Sarah @ Simply Sarah said...

I have been doing so terrible with making what I pin. I think I have only made 2 things out of 20. But those pancakes look delicious! They just made me hungry!

Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates