Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What I'm Loving: Home Decor

So I've totally got the re-decorating bug.....

I've been completely smitten with the Home Decor section of Pinterest lately! There are so many great pictures on there....I find myself window shopping for pieces that I don't even have a room for!  Yes...this is a problem.

You see the 2 bed, 2 1/2 bath townhouse Doc and I are in right now, we've been in it for 2 1/2 years and I haven't really touched a thing since we moved in!  This was our "first place" together just out of college and everything I bought at that time is still there.  And while its all really nice (Doc's mom enjoys interior decorating so she was a big help when we moved in), I just find its not really me anymore. 

My tastes have changed and evolved, and things I really liked then.....just don't do it for me now.  I'm also craving more space, which is a problem because it will be awhile before Doc and I have a house since he's got many more years of training to go {approximately 7+ more years....}, which equals more moving and no buying a house in this market until we know where we'll be settled in 7 years. 

I know I could kinda re-decorate our current place {even though we'll be moving in a year and a half}, but I just don't want to spend the money right now.  I also feel like I want to do it right.....so adding colorful pillows and flowers here and there is not really what I want.  I want to really re-decorate!  Change the furniture...change the bedding.....change the apartment....haha okay that I can't just change right now, but I sooo wish we had a house of our own!

I think I'm nesting....

Anyone else feel this way?  Haha anyway....here is what has been catching my eye!











Follow me on Pinterest here!

Any home decor catching your eye? 

9 comments:

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

Love the blues! That Zebra ottoman reminds me of your zebra desk chair in college! Great inspiration!

Angie said...

I love the chevron wall!! LOVE IT!

thenauticalwheeler said...

lol I fell in love with that first pic as well!

From Brooklyn with love,

Jen

Taylor said...

Post photos of your current place!! I want to see it!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

oh I love the bright ikat chair, so fun!! Just found your blog, love everything! xo

Nat said...

I'm ALWAYS re-decorating- I seriously change my mind every six months to a year, I have nice basic pieces of furniture but I change my paint and accessories all the time so I say go for it! Who cares if it's only a year and a half you can change it again when you move and then when you finally settle some where you'll probably be sure of what your style is and what you love and hate. I also think that style changes and evolves with time so it's ok to change your mind! Sorry for the long winded comment!

Ashley said...

We've definitely been eyeing the same things! That chevron wall is one of my absolute favorites!

Simple Dwellings said...

I love these images you found! I also am addicted to pinterest! I could spend a good part of the morning on there! :) Happy to find your blog.

Caroline and Kyle said...

Love this!!!!! So awesome!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates