Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!


I can't post about Valentines Day without quoting one of the best love movies ever.....

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give to you forever."
-The Notebook

Today is an extra day that I get to celebrate the love that Doc and I share. It's crazy that this is our 5th Valentines Day together, but I know its gonna seem extra crazy when we hit 10, 15, 20.....! Life really does fly by sometimes....it truly seems like yesterday that I was dreaming about my future husband and all that life had in store for me....and now I'm married! For almost 2 years nonetheless!  

I think it's easy to fall into the habit of going through the motions of everyday...wake up, work, eat, sleep, etc. but its days like these that make me stop and appreciate all that I have and all that's to come!  Life is short--it's important to live in the moment!

I've decided to post the "Our Love Story" questionnaire that I've seen floating around other blogs today. Enjoy!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We met in Janaury of 2007, so we've been together just over 5 years!

First picture we ever took....also night of our first date!
 2. How did you meet?  
One of my friends was dating one of Doc's roommates in college, so we met at his house when they had a party. We only got to speak briefly that night, but I ran into him at another party the next night which is probably when the "sparks flew".  Ironically before I met Doc, my group of friends who already knew him, described him to me as "the kind of guy you want to marry"....and I did!  I tried my best not to like him at first because I didn't want my heart broken, but I just couldn't help it.....



3. If married, how long have you been married? 
We have been married for 1 year and 8 months! 

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We got married in Miami, Florida {where I'm from} at a beautiful hotel and we had a larger wedding....probably around 175 people? I can't remember now!


5. Do you have any nicknames that you call one another? Do share!
Oh my, yes we do have nicknames and they are out of control! Just as April said about her nicknames....they have snowballed and evolved into other names so there are so many versions now! However, I cannot share them with you......Doc would kill me if I did!  So sorry!! 

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is extremely intelligent, but never makes me or anyone else feel inferior. 
He is never afraid to say he is sorry first {something I need to work on..}
He has the best sense of humor and knows exactly how to make me laugh!



7. Tell us how he proposed?
Long story but I will try to sum it up...
Doc proposed on January 17, 2007 while we were seniors in college. He took me out to dinner to our first date restaurant Maggiano's and when we came back from dinner to his house, he handed me a box with a cupcake in it from my favorite cupcake bakery.  I opened the box and saw this:


I was shocked and apparently looked up at Doc, who was down on one knee at this point, with a "horrified" look on my face.  So he froze, skipped the mushy gushy speech he had prepared, and sheepishly says "Will you marry me?"......anndddd the first thing out of my mouth was "....but, no....I thought...." and his eyes got huge!! I just paused for a sec and was like.........YES of course I will marry you! Now on to the 8,000 questions I have....

I will give you the in-depth story another time! :)

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
He is def not a teddy bear kind of guy....more of the flowers and champagne kind of guy!  He has yet to do any rose petals {usually that's my forte} but he tends to surprise me sometimes, so I wouldn't put it past him one day to do that! 

  
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Well, considering I live in Ohio.....sunset dinner on the beach doesn't exactly happen. Ever. Watching a movie and relaxing on the couch is a regular activity for Doc and I and I love every second of it!  I wouldn't mind dinner on the beach though..... 

Dinner in Maui on our honeymoon
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? 
Hmmm.....that's a hard one!  There are many places I'd like to travel to, but one really awesome place to go would be.........SPACE!! I think you can do it but its ridiculously expensive, but hey money is not an object for this question right? Looking down on Earth from space would be so cool....priceless!

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
Tonight, Doc and I are going to dinner to a local steakhouse.  We've never been before, but we've heard its good! 

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope...we don't usually do "big" gifts on V-day.  We save that more for b-days and Christmas.  Flowers and a good dinner are plenty for me!  

13. Give us one piece of advice for keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 
Hmm...there are many important things but I'd say communication is soooooo key! Being able to tell your partner what your feeling and why can go a long way.  It also can make all the difference during arguments or disagreements when both people communicate effectively {and maturely!}. Oh, and try to never go to bed mad!  

1 year anniversary dinner
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
 
Our wedding day
How are you spending your Valentine's Day?

4 comments:

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

How sweet! I love your responses - you two are too, too sweet.

Sara said...

What a sweet post! I loved learning more about you! I hope you and your sweetie have a lovely Valentine's Day! :)
-Sara
SocialSara.net

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

This is great ash! I loved reading your responses! And I loved that you busted out the picture from our first ever 819 beer Olympics! Classic! I hope you and doc have a very Happy Valentines day!

Nat said...

What a great love story!! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates