Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm Back!

Well Happy Tuesday everyone! I meant to post this yesterday, but the day seriously got away from me!

I'm back from my week long vacay with my Mom in London!  We had a great time, as expected!  The whole trip went smooth, no big hiccups or anything. We did so many things while there--we were exhausted at the end of each day {mainly from all the walking we did though!}

First, our hotel was lovely {as the British say}.  We stayed at the Kensington House Hotel right by Kensington Gardens and it was perfect!  It was a small boutique hotel and we mainly picked it because of the location and price.  The prices were not as high as many of the other hotels but it was still nice and in a great area!


We saw the Royal Ballet perform Romeo & Juliet which was ah-mazing! A famous ballerina named Alina Cojocaru performed as Juliet with her fiance as Romeo so it was really great!  We also saw Jersey Boys and Les Miserables which were both great as well!  I think I enjoyed Jersey Boys more....I have seen Les Miserables before in London so there wasn't really a surprise element to what was going to happen next.  I also learned I enjoy musicals where they speak instead of sing everything.  It can be hard to follow the storyline and understand them when they sing every word.




Of course, I couldn't go to London after the Royal Wedding and NOT go to Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace!  While we were at Buckingham Palace we saw Princess Anne (The Queens daughter) drive out of the palace right in front of us!  I tried to snap a picture real fast, but this was all I got:


We walked over to Westminster Abbey from Bucking ham Palace and did the audio tour of the church. I was just mainly interested in seeing the aisle and alter where Will & Kate got married!  But of course, there is a ton of history in that place...so many Royals and famous people buried there.

Westminster Abbey
The entrance where Kate went in
We went to the Tower of London which was originally a castle but later got turned into a jail. They apparently tortured people there and lots of people died there so they tell all the stories and let you walk around the whole place.  It's where they beheaded people back then {most famously Ann Boleyn}.  Anyway, I randomly saw a girl I went to high school with at the Tower of London standing right behind me in line!  ANDDDD I saw Whitney Port there!  I can't believe I recognized her!  My mom had no idea who she was so I had to explain but I really wanted to go up and talk to her!  I didnt though because I always get shy about that with famous people.  I always feel like I'm inconveniencing them.  Anyone else feel this way?

Tower of London
Oh and we saw the Royal Jewels at the Tower of London! They didn't have the whole collection there, but they had most of the crowns that the Kings and Queens wore. Let's see...what else did we do? We sent to The House of Parliament and watched some of their sessions {boring!}, walked around Kensington Gardens, went to Harrods, had high tea, ate fish and chips, rode the underground or "tube" everywhere, and shopped till we dropped!  We spent a lot of time in Covent Garden {where the Royal Opera House is and all the theaters are nearby} and we had drinks at the Covent Garden Hotel practically everyday!

Covent Garden
 I'm probably missing other things we did, but you get the gist! If anyone hasn't been to London...go!  It is such a fun place with so much to do and best of all, you speak the language!  I totally have Royal Fever again after being there though.  I wanted to go find Kate and hang out with her....or Harry..BUT of course he was in the Caribbean while I was there!

Here are some pictures we took during our trip:
 




Now, I have so much blog reading to catch up on!  I also have an exciting giveaway coming up this week so stay tuned! :)

Have a great night everyone!

2 comments:

Megan Collins said...

Your post on London made me miss it SO much! We just moved back to the US after living in London for two years for my husbands job. We lived about two blocks over from the hotel tou stayed at and I used to walk by that hotel every day when I took my dog to Kensington Gardens.

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

looks like you and your mom had a wonderful time in London! The pictures are beautiful, makes me want to go visit! Love your dark hair Ash! Glad you had such a wonderful time and made it back to the states safely!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates