Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Life...

Well, I've had quite the eventful last week. I had to unexpectedly fly to Houston last Thursday because my Dad ended up in the ICU.  He has stage 4 colon cancer and he's been receiving treatments in Houston at MD Anderson for the past 2 years.  My parents were there for another set of treatments he was getting, and he had some complications which led to him being put in the ICU for a multitude of things.  He was on a breathing machine and totally blind for 2 days, but somehow he came out of it and is doing much better now. He's still in the hospital but will be discharged sometime today!

He is seriously like a cat....he has 9 lives and is using each and every one of them. I flew out there to be with my mom through all of this and the rest of my siblings were on standby to fly out there at any moment. I'm so thankful that everything is okay for right now and that I got to be there with both my parents during this hard time.  Really makes you think about how short life can be....




Enjoy every moment you can with the people you care about and love.

4 comments:

Molly said...

That's really scary. Thoughts and prayers for your family, especially your dad :)

Amber said...

Praying for you & your family. I hope things continue to improve with your dads condition

Meg {henninglove} said...

Ashley, I am sorry to read the news about your dad, but thankfully he will be discharged soon. praying for your dad and your family during this time

LicensedtoPill said...

Good luck! MD Anderson has a great reputation, that's for sure.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates