Friday, February 22, 2013

Decorating, decorating, and more decorating!

Happy Friday everyone!


I'm a happy girl today because I get to fly to Miami for the weekend....finally some warm weather after this ice storm we had today!  This weekend is my new sister-in-law's bridal shower and bachelorette party so it will be a very fun filled weekend!  I'll behave....maybe....

In other news, we are still on track to close on our new house on April 1st so I've been trying to start boxing up stuff in our current apartment.  Every time I start, I feel like I don't even put a dent into all that we have to pack up!  Doc also thinks I'm crazy for packing "so early" but its not....and I know that April 12th {our move out date} will be here before we know it.

I've also been trying to figure out how I'm going to decorate our new house and I think I'm just totally overwhelmed! There is too much that I like...too many colors, patterns, styles, etc. I just need to pick something and go with it but for now, these are a few items that I know that we'll purchase:

Martha Stewart Saybridge couch in buckwheat:
I saw this couch on The Wanna-be Southern Belle's blog and loved it! I just love its elegance and I think it will really dress up our living room.


Z Gallerie Jameson Bed in bella grey:
Doc and I are finally getting a king bed so got super excited when I found this beauty!  LOVE a tufted headboard! I think this bed will be gorgeous in person...just trying to decide weather to get in in grey or pearl...I'm leaning towards grey.

{Obviously I'm into tufted materials....}

Z Gallerie Mimosa Bedding in white:
Love the all white bedding with the hint of a pattern in it.  I also like the idea of allowing the color to come from the rug, pillows, and curtains. That way it will be easy to update as time goes on!


That's all I've got for now....everything else I'm back and forth on!  I think I may just have to move and live in the house for a little while before I figure out how it will all be decorated? 

Any advice on narrowing down your ideas when everything looks good?

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Nat said...

My best advice is to not buy any big furniture until you've lived in the house a few weeks and gotten a feel for every room- sometimes furniture that looks good in the store just isn't the same in the house.

1ec38e1c-e7f2-11e2-9b7d-000bcdca4d7a said...

where did you get that bedspread?! its sooooooooo cute!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates