Thursday, May 9, 2013

My First Trimester

Happy Thursday everyone!

Well today I am 14 weeks along in my pregnancy, which means I am into my 2nd trimester now!  So how was my 1st trimester?  AWESOME!  I seriously had it so easy compared to many women out there.  I had no morning sickness, no fatigue, no weird pregnancy symptoms like strong smells....I just felt great, felt very normal....except I was pregnant!  I was definitely moodier though {which I'm sure Doc will agree with} and for just a few weeks, when I would think about food, I would get a bit nauseous; however, that never effected my appetite!  I still ate very normally. 

So yea, I really had a very easy time during my 1st trimester and I feel even better starting out my 2nd!  I've been trying to stay active and work out, but I really did close to nothing during my 1st trimester. It was just very hard to wake up at 5 AM and workout and then we were so crazy busy moving, that I put it off.  Now that I'm in Michigan, I signed up with a new gym and I even got a personal trainer for 6 sessions to help me workout while being pregnant.  I've been lifting weights {dont worry, light weights!} and I keep my cardio low impact so as not to raise my heart rate too much!  I definitely feel great staying active {and they say it can even help you have an easier birth if you stay active throughout your pregnancy}.

So anyway, let's get to this week's update!


How far along? 14 weeks...26 weeks to go! Ahh that seems like sooo far away!

Baby is the size of? A lemon.

Total weight gain/loss? So far I've maintained the same weight throughout my 1st trimester, have not gained or lost weight but I do have my next check up in 2 weeks, so I feel like I'll see some weight gain then.

Maternity clothes? Not quite yet, as I'm just starting to show but my mom is here visiting me this week and my birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, so she took me shopping for maternity clothes for my birthday gift!  I now have 2 pairs of jeans, which I started wearing and they are soooooo much more comfortable! I can still fit into my regular jeans, but wearing that big elastic band is so much better! I also got a couple of tank tops and t-shirts which will be great as I grow.

Stretch marks? Not yet, and I hope they never show up! I'm using Belli Elasticity Belly Oil every night....LOVE this oil!  It smells amazing and feels great on your skin.

Symptoms? No symptoms right now.

Sleep? So I'm a stomach sleeper and I'm definitely coming to the end of being able to still sleep on my stomach. Now that my stomach has pooched out a bit, its getting uncomfortable to lay on my stomach.  I find I ALWAYS wake up on my side or back so I'm moving around a lot at night.  I also have to get up to use the bathroom usually once during the night and having a full bladder while laying on my stomach is no bueno.  I'm considering getting one of those sleep pillows for pregnant women to help sleep on your side....anyone ever use one of those?  Advice?

Best moment of the week? Spending time with my mom probably!  She's been here for a week already and doesn't leave until Saturday so its been so fun hanging out with her and having her see our new house! Also, shopping for maternity clothes with her was a lot of fun!

Miss anything? I miss having a glass of wine at the end of the day....also all the soft cheese I cannot have. I love cheese and miss being able to eat brie, goat, feta, etc.

Movement? None yet.

Food cravings? I've been craving fruit {watermelon, cantaloupe, berries} and recently I've been craving sweets!

Anything making you quesy or sick? Nope!

Have you started to show yet? Just starting!

Baby is a? Don't know yet, but cannot wait to find out! We find out at our week 19 appointment, so 5 more weeks!

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? A mix of both lol

Looking forward to: Spending the rest of the week with my mom and just continuing to see baby grow in belly day by day!

Thanks for reading and I'm excited to share this journey with all of you!

3 comments:

Kate said...

About the cheese sitch - Someone told me this in my blog comments when I complained about not being able to eat soft cheeses and it's true ---- all soft cheeses have been mandated by the fda to be pastuerized when served in restaurants, so you can eat all soft cheeses at restaurants. Google it (I did) Haha!! And every grocery store I've been in carries pastuerized feta, etc. You're welcome :)

Molly said...

You look amazing! Congrats again. I hope 2nd and 3rd trimesters go as well as the 1st!

Hilliary@Brunch and Cupcakes said...

You look great Ash! This is so exciting! Cannot wait to read along and see you here in about a month!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates