Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekend Update & 24 Week Baby Bump Update!

Happy Sunday everyone!

On Wednesday, one of my brothers and his wife came up to Michigan {from Miami} to visit me through the weekend so I've been quite busy these last few days! My brother actually used to live in Royal Oak about 10 years ago so its been fun visiting old and new places with him.  We also drove to Ann Arbor yesterday during their big art fair and I bought a great piece of artwork for our walls! We also went and took a tour of the Edsel Ford House in Gross Point, MI and that was a lot of fun....very very beautiful homes in that area!

Over all it was a GREAT trip with them except for one small detail........we lost power on Friday evening and didn't get it back until Saturday evening!  A small but intense storm came through our area and within minutes the power went out and we've had such a bad heatwave this past week {we're talking 100 degrees...} our house was quickly SOOO HOT! Sleeping that night was pretty bad and the power outage totally derailed our plans to cook out in honor of my Dad's birthday on Friday so we had to go out to dinner instead. Its times like this that I realize how dependent we are on electronics.....I go crazy without TV and internet!

Anyway, my baby bump update is late this week since we had no power, but alas...here it is!


How far along? 24 weeks {well I'm actually 24 weeks, 3 days today}

Baby is the size of? An ear of corn {according to What to Expect When Your Expecting}

Maternity clothes? I'm finding it harder and harder to get non-maternity tops to fit me now!  I don't own a whole lot of long shirts or loose enough tops so I find I wear the same outfits day after day!  It has been soooo hot here so the less clothing the better!

Stretch marks? Not yet, and I hope they never show up! Still using Belli Elasticity Belly Oil every night.

Symptoms? My ribs hurt when I sit for long periods of time and I think my feet are starting to swell when I'm outside and its hot.

Sleep? It's been really hot at night in our house so getting to sleep has been hard. Our bedroom is on the 2nd floor {basically the attic} so no matter how long we run the air conditioning...it still gets so hot up there! I'm considering getting a handyman to come look at it and see what we can do to make it more comfortable. But once I'm asleep, I'm sleeping pretty well!

Best moment of the week? I had my 24 week appointment this week and I got to hear baby girl's heartbeat again which is always wonderful!  Everything is going great and she's measuring perfectly.  I also got to see all of my college friends last weekend in Louisville which was great!



Miss anything? Having visitors always makes me miss alcohol because we go out a lot and I'm left enjoying my water lol

Movement? Some days I feel baby girl move a lot but others I'm like hellooo are you in there? So her movements are kind of sporadic but its always comforting to feel her moving and flipping around!

Food cravings? No intense cravings....still loving sweets and fruit though!

Anything making you quesy or sick? None!

Have you started to show yet?Yup...its very noticeable now!

Baby is a? GIRL!

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!

Looking forward to: Making more progress on baby girl's nursery this week!  Since having guests, I haven't had much time lately to spend on it, but this week I plan on figuring out the paint color and actually painting the room! And then whenever Doc is around to help, we'll put the crib together. I got the rug in last week and I LOVE it! And I also got the side table in a few days ago so little by little, its coming together!  I will do an update on it shortly since I haven't told you all my "new vision" for the room since this post.

2 comments:

Petchie said...

You look so great! I really need to start making progress on our baby's nursery too, we don't know the gender, but I'm only two weeks behind you and basically have nothing done yet! :O

xoxo
Petchie
http://psblogbook.blogspot.com/

Nat said...

You look great! I think right around 26 weeks is when I had to give in and just start wearing all maternity shirts because my regular ones just got too short. Can't wait to hear/see your new vision for the nursery

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates