Thursday, August 15, 2013

28 Weeks Baby Bump Update!



How far along? 28 weeks!

Baby is the size of? A head of cauliflower {according to What to Expect When Your Expecting}



Maternity clothes? Still wearing almost all maternity clothes with the exception of a few shirts.  The pink stripe shirt above is actually non-maternity BUT it was definitely a little too short on me {I wore it anyway...its easy to get bored with my clothes because I wear the same outfits everyday}.

Stretch marks? None so far! Still using Belli Elasticity Belly Oil every night, although I'm almost out now, so I'm thinking about buying the Mustela Stretch Marks Double Action Cream next.  Every morning I also slather on moisturizing body lotion.

Symptoms? Achy back and congestion during the night that soon dissipates once I wake up. 
 
Sleep? Still sleeping pretty well with my body pillow!

Best moment of the week? We had our 28 week appointment this week so it was wonderful hearing baby girl's heartbeat again!  I had to have my gestational diabetes tolerance test at this appointment and I'm glad to say I passed!  That sugary drink they make you drink is NASTYYY {all you moms out there know what I'm talking about}! I'll be going for my check-ups every 2 weeks, instead of 4 now that I'm in my 3rd trimester! 

I also got impatient waiting for Doc to have time to build the crib with me sooo.....one night I decided I'd try to do it myself, and I did it!  Had it required a power drill, now that would have been a different story, but it was actually pretty simple.  I just had to get creative with using other things to hold up pieces of the crib while I screwed the bolts together. All in all, it was pretty simple and now its so fun to see the crib all put together! We also received our glider yesterday! Buy Buy Baby told me it'd take 8-12 weeks for the chair to come in, but it only took 6.  Now the room is really coming together!

Miss anything? Umm probably just alcohol!  A glass of champagne sounds so good right now!

Movement? She's been really active this past week and her movements are getting bigger and bigger by the day! It's so fun to watch my belly move now :)

Food cravings? Not craving anything too much. After having to drink that gross sugary drink for my diabetes test, I have been totally turned off from sugar!

Anything making you quesy or sick? Nope!

Have you started to show yet? Oh yes.

Baby is a? GIRL!

Belly button in or out? Still in but its only a matter of time before it becomes an outie!

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!

Looking forward to: My in-laws will be visiting us this weekend and its also the "Dream Cruise" here in Royal Oak, MI which is this big yearly car show thing.  It's a BIG DEAL here {or so I've learned} so we'll check it out this year.  Everyone says it just becomes an annoyance to you because they shut down a huge main road for everyone to park their old cars and yay for me, we live right off of this road! 

While my in-laws are here, we are going to go to Ikea and purchase the dresser for baby girl's room so once that is done, all the furniture in the room will be complete! Now onto all the other details like wall art and baskets, etc.

What are you all doing this weekend?

1 comments:

Petchie said...

I have my diabetes test at the end of the month and totally not looking forward to that sugary nasty drink! I'm so worried I will throw it up since my stomach is sensitive and have to drink it twice or something!

Xoxo
Petchie
http://psblogbook.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates