Thursday, October 10, 2013

36 Weeks Baby Bump Update!


How far along? 36 weeks! 4 weeks to go!

Baby is the size of? A watermelon {according to What to Expect When Your Expecting}

Maternity clothes? Oh, I just wear whatever I can fit into nowadays! Lots of leggings and sweaters.

Stretch marks? None so far! Still using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark Lotion every night and I use regular body lotion every morning after my shower. 

Symptoms? Again, still feeling well considering I'm 9 months pregnant now!  I still have energy each day, but I do find I get physically tired when I'm walking a lot or moving around a lot.  I think I'm also having Braxton Hicks contractions now, but its just now and then.
 
Sleep? Ugh, sleep has not been so great. I have the hardest time falling asleep each night and if I wake myself up enough to pee or when Doc goes to work, its over. I'll be wide awake. I guess its the body's way of preparing for what's about to happen but I hate this insomnia. I just find my brain starts going and going and I can't stop thinking about what I have to do before the baby gets here or just how anxious I am for her to be here! It's hard to quiet that all down.

Best moment of the week? I had my 36 week appointment yesterday and everything went well as usual. Baby girl is doing well...I can't believe we're getting down to the wire with my appointments!  At my next appointment they said they'll start doing my internal exams, so I'm not exactly looking forward to that but I am excited about getting closer to baby's arrival! 

This past week, I went to a brunch at my friend's house and got to meet her other "mommy" friends and it was great just hanging out with group of women who are all at the same points in their lives as me. Almost all of them had babies and they were all doctor's wives, so I'm looking forward to getting to know them all better and having a great group to have play dates with! I hear its very important to have other mommy friends, just to have adult time and to lean on each other when life gets hard.

Miss anything? Alcohol and sleeping on my stomach!

Movement? She's still moving up a storm!  Very "rolly" movements, not too many jabs, just movement from one side of my belly to the other.  She still gets the hiccups practically every day!

Food cravings? None.

Anything making you quesy or sick? Nope!

Have you started to show yet? Yep....I'm quite large and its hard to believe I'll be getting even larger!

Baby is a? GIRL!

Belly button in or out? Its officially an outie now.

Wedding rings on or off? I've only been wearing my wedding band because if I wear my engagement ring too, its way too tight! The wedding band is getting to be too tight now too so this week I wore a fake ring a few times. 

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!

Looking forward to: Continuing to check "to do" items off of my long list! Every day I'm trying to get things done around the house or set up the baby items that are in boxes. For instance, last night I finally got the pack n' play set up in our bedroom so now baby girl will have a place to sleep when we bring her home from the hospital.  I'm also trying to keep up with cleaning and laundry, so I just find every day I go from one task to another! But its all getting done and I'm honestly ready for baby girl to make her appearance whenever!  I'm definitely getting impatient, but I know she needs to stay in there at least another week because 37 weeks is considered "term".  BUT waiting is soooo hard! Haha

What are you all up to this weekend? Doc is working all weekend, so I'll probably be doing what I always do.....going to the mall or getting things done around the house. Have I mentioned how excited I am to buy normal people clothes again? Lol but I'm waiting because I want to make sure I fit into anything I buy and I just don't know what my body will be like after the baby.

Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Nat said...

Can't believe how close you are to the end!! Hang in there last 4 weeks are the absolute worst but it will be worth it. That's awesome that you found a group of mommy friends- I really need to start looking for a mommy's group of some sort-I'm the first of my friends with kids so it's hard!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates