Thursday, October 24, 2013

38 Weeks Baby Bump Update!


How far along? 38 weeks! 2 to go...

Baby is the size of? Still a watermelon {according to What to Expect When Your Expecting}. I think my app has been off or something...

Maternity clothes? The weather has gotten pretty cold around here so when I'm not just sitting around the house in yoga pants, I'll wear my maternity jeans, maternity tanks or tees, and a cardigan sweater worn open.  I have some big loose sweaters but they won't fit over my bump--but I'm looking forward to getting back into those after the baby is born!

Stretch marks? None so far! Still using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark Lotion every night and I use regular body lotion every morning after my shower. 

Symptoms? I've been having increasing pressure down low and my pubic bone has been hurting!  My OB said that can be due to them separating in preparation for labor...it also can be due to her head being low now too.  I haven't had any more Braxton Hicks contractions though.
 
Sleep? Still using my body pillow which helps me get into a comfortable position but its takes me like 5 minutes to roll over every night! Going from one side to the other is a mission! Lol I'm also still dreaming about being able to sleep on my stomach....

Best moment of the week? Well I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and had my first internal exam--looks like I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced already and the baby's head is very low {my OB could feel it} so she said for a first time mom, I'm farther along then she would have expected! I'm HOPING that means baby girl will make her appearance earlier than later! I have my next appointment this coming Monday so I'm interested to see if I've made any progress. I know some women can stay slightly dilated for weeks before they give birth so I'm not like expecting her to come early...I just hope that she does! :)

Miss anything? Alcohol, fresh squeezed orange juice, sleeping on my stomach, bending over easily...

Movement? Still feeling her alien-like movements all the time. She also still gets the hiccups all the time--I feel so bad for her.

Food cravings? None.

Anything making you quesy or sick? Nope!

Have you started to show yet? Um, do I even need to answer this question? Lol

Baby is a? GIRL!

Belly button in or out? Its officially an outie now.

Wedding rings on or off? Still wearing just my wedding band these days but that's definitely tight on me.

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!

Looking forward to: Baby's arrival!

I FINALLY got the nursery all done so stay tuned for a nursery reveal this week!  Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Toni :O) said...

Best of luck in these last days. So exciting. Can't wait to see the nursery. Been following along and love your little blog-especially since I'm nearby in Farmington Hills but lived in your city for almost 7 years. :0)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates